THE HIGH LIFE

THE HIGH LIFE
the highly anticipated mixtape: coming soon

WELCOME!

Welcome to ListenToMac.com, your daily guide to a healthy, stylish, music filled life.

THE BLOG

THE BLOG

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My College Essay

I think this is dope! hopefully it helps me get in to Temple! I want to write about something that inspires and defines me, not just something people see as positive. For the past 2 and-a-half years, my life has been devoted to one thing. It’s weird being so young and devoting your life, your future, and your money into one thing. They say it’s a bad idea to put all your eggs in one basket. What moron invented that saying? Is that some sort of nonsense that’s supposed to stop me from following my dreams? I don’t think so. I understand the “safe” way to live your life. Get good grades, go to college, and get a good job. That just never seemed to spark my interest. I’ve always lived in my own world and set my goals higher than I could reach from the position I’m standing in. “Keep pushing forward, don’t get down, and trust yourself,” I tell myself everyday. At the age of 2 I was already playing music. My father had bought me a little piano to bang my hands against. Now, I’m not going to say I was some young Ray Charles, but I definitely did my thing. At the age of 9 I was already writing songs. Not just in the hip hop genre but all different kinds of genres. I was making anything from hip hop to indie folk music. By the age of 11 I could play guitar, piano, drums, and bass. Yeah, I was your everyday one-man band. At 15 I got started by competitive freestyle rapping. A lot of older kids noticed my skill and had me writing and constructing more songs. I started performing at that age and also put together my own mix tape. At the age of 15, nothing was very legit, but as 16 rolled around I started getting very serious. Working everyday, writing as much as my hand could take, I basically ran off music. I started putting all different elements of music into my own to create an original sound. Now at 17, I have become a lot more mature with my career. I don’t aim to just be a performer. I want to expand into all other aspects. I want to have a steady hold on everything from clothing, business ventures, etc. At this point I have a strong team of people around me. Managers, promoters, street team members, graphic designers, DJs, producers, and engineers are all a vital part of my team. I have never met anybody as passionate as I am about what I do. I have lost a great portion of my social life to this dream. I don’t want to be a performer; I want to make a difference in the world. I realized that my voice is through music. In today’s age music is one of the loudest voices there is. More kids listen to what Gucci Mane has to say about wearing jewelry then Barack Obama’s press conference. All I want to do is change the way people see the world, and I believe I have the power to do just that.

5 comments:

  1. Looks alot similar to the type of shit I was writing (topic & concept) when I was a senior bout to go to college.

    Just be sure to take college as serious as your craft (Music), because I didn't and It def. hurt in the long run. I still have music in my life but no degree. Keep workin fam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did it Mac,your music will be bumping forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made it, Mac. You really changed the way people see the world. I love you, Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did this and so much more. Rest easy legend.

    ReplyDelete